Xbox Live Arcade's unprecedented string of releases continues this week with the arrival of Luxor 2 from MumboJumbo. Xbox Live Arcade isn't short on puzzle games involving marbles. We've already got Marble Blast Ultra and Zuma. Luxor 2 opts for the traditional color matching of Zuma with an Egyptian twist. In addition to the scenery change, Luxor 2 features a horizontally scrolling cannon of sorts (akin to Astro Pop), rather than the 360 degree cannon found in Zuma. Rather than explain the object ourselves, we'll just give you the delightfully absurd description in the official press release: players advance by "shooting and destroying the magical balls that threaten the pyramids at the end of their paths." Enough said, right? The game will be available this Wednesday for the sum of 800 MS Points. You can grab a PC demo of Luxor 2 here.
Full press release after the break.
"Shoot Like an Egyptian With "LUXOR 2" on Xbox LIVE Arcade
Why just walk like an Egyptian when you have a mystical winged scarab at your disposal? The smash-hit action puzzler, LUXOR 2 will be available for download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 beginning Wednesday, Apr. 4, at 9:00 a.m. GMT (2:00 a.m. PST).
In the second installment of the No. 1 casual game of 2005, "LUXOR 2" from MumboJumbo, players travel through 88 exquisitely detailed and explosive levels shooting and destroying the magical balls that threaten the pyramids at the end of their paths. Players can earn up to 15 exciting power-ups, play through four distinct levels of difficulty, challenge themselves to a total of 13 bonus rounds and work their way up through the new 100-level player ranking system. Also, unique to the Xbox LIVE Arcade version is a new arcade-style mode of play called the Pharaoh's Challenge.
"LUXOR 2" is the recent recipient of the Zeeby's Craft Awards for Best Audio 2006 and Best Visual Arts 2006. It will be available worldwide for 800 Microsoft Points and is rated E for Everyone.
* 88 explosive levels with 13 new bonus rounds
* 4 levels of difficulty, including the mind-bending Challenge of Horus
* 4 modes of play: Adventure, Practice, Survival and Pharaoh's Challenge
* 15 power-ups including the new Lightning Storm and Pharaoh's Dagger
* Player ranking system with 100 levels from Farm Hand to Pharaoh of the Two Lands
* Pharaoh's Challenge: A fast-paced arcade-style version of the game, where the user mploys the Pharaoh's Dagger exclusively to eliminate the approaching spheres
* Earn up to 12 Achievements and 200 Gamerscore points
More information is available at http://www.xbox.com/games/livearcade."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 90
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 500 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs HDMI
- Released 2013-11-22