The condition, pronounced "wee-i-tis," was named by Dr. Julio Bonis, who suffered from the ailment from playing hours of Wii Sports. Bonis' findings were published (subscription required) in the New England Journal of Medicine and later reported by CNN.
Acute Wiiitis can reportedly (and thankfully) be treated by taking ibuprofen for a week and also a week-long break from using the Wii remote, but warning: it's best advised to treat it soon or the long-term ramifications could be dire.
[Via Engadget; thanks, Dave Jurcevic and Zoot Suit Jedi]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 330
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19