Enter the appropriately named TwoStick text entry system, which speeds up text entry using a 9 x 9 Sudoku-style grid of letters and symbols. The left stick highlights the desired 3 x 3 sub-section while a quick flick of the right stick enters the appropriate letter within the section. This means that every letter is only two flicks of the thumbs away, rather than a potentially slow trek across the entire screen.
After roughly 20 practice sessions, users were an average of about two words per minute faster with TwoStick than standard on-screen QWERTY controller input. That might not seem like much, but remember that every second you save sending that Halo 2 match request is another second you could actually be playing Halo 2. Check out a video of the system in action after the break.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox 360