Time not spent thinking about the competition was dedicated to id Tech 5's "virtualised texture system," which Nix explained will provided unlimited texture memory to developers and prompt a "huge paradigm shift in the way game developers can work." Of course, developers and publishers will have to shift many a pair of dimes to license the engine, though Nix promised the cost would be fair and unaffected by competing software. "I don't think we need to really be concerned with anyone else's pricing, because we believe we have the best technology solution available."
Gamers can judge the technology for themselves when id unleashes Rage..."when it's done."
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox 360