Gamespy technologies that will be made immediately available to license include matchmaking services, in-game chat services, online data storage (e.g. statistics), leaderboard and tournament services.
While it's not guaranteed that every developer who uses Unreal Engine 3 for PC and PS3 titles will utilize Gamespy's tools, we feel confident that this is the final piece of evidence we need to safely say that Unreal Tournament 3 will sport PC and PS3 cross-play. Questions about keyboard-mouse vs. gamepad play and user-generated maps / mods have already been addressed by developer Epic Games' Vice President Mark Rein.
[Via press release]
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25