Over on the official forums, there's a nostalgic discussion of how to tell an old-school WoW player from a newbie
. (Of course there's game knowledge -- but there's always the chance a newbie might have taken the time to read up!) So what makes the difference between an old-school player from the rest? Well, if you remember any of this, you're old school:
- When Dire Maul was new
- When Warlocks were free HKs
- When you had to go to the Barrens or Ashenvale to sign up for WSG
- When Alterac Valley lasted at least 8 hours a match
- When you could run 40 players through Stratholme, Scholomance, Blackrock Depths, Blackrock Spire, etc.
- When the sight of a full dungeon 1 set was impressive
So, what makes you old school?