According to a Sony representative, the PSP-2000, which launched in the UK Sept. 14, sold four times what the "old" PSPs did in the previous week. "We are very happy with the launch of Slim and Lite," a Sony rep said to MCV. "We expected sales in previous weeks to be low as we moved old stock through the channel."
As you all know, the next hurdle for Sony is to continue the momentum its built. But with so many great games on the horizon, the PSP-2000 could very well be the big hit this Christmas.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 108
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Screen size 4.3 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Camera External (1.3 megapixels)
- Dimensions 71.4 x 169.4 x 18.6 in
- Weight 6.67 oz
- Discontinued 2008-10-15