Like the rest of the classes, Mages are getting a glimpse of the love coming their way in patch 2.3
. Drysc has hopped on to the Mage forums with all manner of exciting news about the next major content patch:
- Mages will be getting a "Ritual of Refreshment" which, like the Warlock's Soulwell, will be conjured by the Mage and allow multiple players to pick up food and water. (source)
- The damage coefficient reduction (commonly called the "damage tax") will be removed from Fireball and Frostbolt. (source)
- Evocation is being changed to restore 15% of your mana every 2-seconds, instead of being spirit-based. (source)
- Arcane Meditation is being increased to give 10/20/30% mana regeneration in combat instead of 5/10/15% mana regeneration in combat, in line with similar talent changes for Druids and Priests. (source)
- Ice Barrier will gain additional benefit from spell damage bonuses, but the base absorb values of rank 5 and 6 will be reduced. (source)
And we have hints at more changes to come -- though what exactly they are, Drysc isn't saying.