In addition to letting us know about the new hunter pets
in Patch 2.3
, Mania's Arcania
fame) has also written up a pretty detailed explanation of how the new minimap tracking system
works, with helpful screenshots and everything. We've mentioned this before
, but now here are some of the new details she has uncovered for us:
- The "!" and "?" quest-giver symbols now show up on the minimap very clearly.
- Clicking on the new magnifying glass button gives you a list of all the different things you can track, including existing tracking abilities, as well as places to repair, buy ammo, aucions, banks, and so on.
- Flight Masters you haven't met yet will always show up, whether you are tracking them or not.
- Quest-givers' "!" symbols disappear from the minimap if their quest is too low-level for you (which is too bad if you are going back for more reputation).
- For hunters: the various creature-tracking abilities now distinguish between neutral and hostile mobs, via yellow and red dots, respectively.
- Special tracking-assistant addons like Gazmik Fizzwidget's famous TrackMenu may no longer be needed.