For the cost of one replica Star Trek phaser and one PlayStation 3, you can have your own blue-beamed version of Captain Kirk's weapon of choice. It's a steep price, to be sure, but think of how impressed the ladies at the Sci-Fi Expo would be with this sexy piece of machinery in hand. What would Shatner do?
Instructables has the full rundown on how to turn your gaming monolith into futuristic weaponry. Now we just have to wait for someone to create an HD-DVD phaser, and watch as millions of fanboys argue about which one is better.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25