While we don't doubt that Sony will eventually give the PS3 a little nip and tuck, it's still far too early in the console's life-cycle to warrant such a drastic revision of the hardware – but we're not ruling out the possibility of a new SKU in the near future. The PSOne redesign appeared over four years after the first PlayStation was launched, and the slimline PS2 didn't appear until over three years after the original.
A redesigned PS3 probably wouldn't appear until late 2009 at the earliest, making the possibility of one showing up this fall slim to none. Now pass that skeptical sauce, please.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Sony PlayStation 3 Slim