As is often the case with video game news, a sharp-eyed forum-goer brings us this story. Over at NeoGAF
, a poster with the latest issue of Game Informer has been relating some of the Gears 2
info contained within. There's a ton of information, most of which is new (and from the sound of it) awesome. There's only part of the story online at NeoGAF, and we'll only list some of the better sounding stuff here, so be sure to buy the magazine if you want the full scoop.
- "We have creatures that make the Brumak look like a baby panda bear." -Cliff Bleszinski
- "We hear hints of all sorts of new multiplayer features, from dramatically expanded co-op modes to multiplayer content that takes advantage of Unreal's new ability to deliver huge numbers of the Locust horde at one time, but confirmed details will have to wait until a later date."
- Different difficulty settings for each player in co-op. One person can play on Hardcore, one on Casual.
- COG Centaur Tank (Monster Truck + Tank) There's a dedicated level where you get to pilot one.
- Drop in/drop out co-op, with a fourth, easier, difficulty.
- Forced walking scenes replaced with a dynamic conversation camera system (which is skippable).
- Hundreds of Locust troops, all acting independently.
- "Gorgon burst pistol and poison grenades, both of which can become part of your arsenal if you play your cards right"
If you're interested in a few more tidbits, they're after the break, otherwise buy the magazine for all the details.