The result is a hearty potato and broccoli soup that is very warming and frighteningly filling. While most of the Well Fed Buffs I've prepared have allowed me time to step away from the kitchen and run an Eye of the Storm or two, cream based soups require constant attention. At least you don't have to kill any annoying little Imps to complete this recipe.
- 6 cups peeled and diced Runn Tum Tubers (about 6 medium gold potatoes)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 2 cups Ice Cold Milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup grated Fine Aged Cheddar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, cook potatoes in lightly salted water, covered, 10 to 15 minutes, until tender.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the chicken or vegetable stock (or dissolve bouillon cubes in water over medium heat) and broccoli.
3. Cook, covered, about 10 minutes, until broccoli is very tender. Remove from heat.
4. Drain the potatoes. Place about 1 cup potatoes on a saucer and mash well with a fork. (The more potatoes you mash, the thicker the soup will be).
5. Add the mashed potatoes and remaining chopped cooked potatoes to the broccoli mixture, along with the milk and cream. Heat gently until hot but not boiling.
6. Add the cheese and stir gently until melted and well blended.
You can also thicken the soup with Simple Flour or Cornstarch. This recipe yields about 6 servings of Runn Tumm Tuber Surprise. For an attractive presentation (and carbohydrate overload) serve it a Harvest Bread bowl topped with cheddar cheese or fresh parsley. I served it with veggie patties, but this soup would go nicely along side a pork or thickened to top baked chicken.
Impress your friends with fantastic treats that pair perfectly with your World of Warcraft adventures. Have fun whipping up some or our delicious snacks, meals, and beverages.