TrustedReviews is following up on their earlier rumor of a new 60GB Xbox 360 model claiming that, after some evident equivocation, Microsoft is finally ready to announce it at E3 and release it as early as this August (pre-10th says their source). No information on how the larger hard drive would affect other SKUs – would the Arcade get a hard drive or would the Elite get bumped up? – but that's the way these things are.
Second rumor regards a possible pricedrop to be delivered at E3 this year. Following last week's NPD data showing a slight dip in monthly 360 sales, EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich said, "With E3 around the corner, we can expect Microsoft to make some type of announcement regarding a hardware price cut, the introductory of a new hardware SKU with new features, or both." Both sounds best here. How about a new, cheaper 60GB model?
Source – 60GB Xbox 360 To Launch At E3
Source – Microsoft to cut US Xbox 360 price at E3, says analyst
- Key specs
- Reviews • 359
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI, RCA / composite, SCART, S-Video, VGA
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Weight 7.7 lb
- Discontinued 2009-08
Microsoft Xbox 360