Well, it probably looks a little bit like God of War II, since we imagine it still features the antics of world's angriest breakfast cereal Kratos. However, outspoken designer David Jaffe, currently tinkering away at an unannounced project with Eat Sleep Play, insists that an early glimpse of Sony's God of War III left him reeling. To quoth: "HOLY HOLY HOLY F***ING HELL!!!!"
As if to prematurely defuse any cries of, "Well, you did design the original game, you know!" Jaffe adds that his favorite game this year isn't even on the PlayStation 3. "And unless I get blown away by POP or something else I missed, GEARS 2 is the SHIT....this year," he noted. But does it look "like a painting come to life," as God of War III allegedly does? We'll let the forthcoming battle between the GoWs decide that.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25