In response to solid sales enjoyed by its squishy, Wii roll-playing game, publisher THQ has hinted that de Blob may be changing status from quirky once-off to lovable franchise. "We're pleased with de Blob's performance worldwide," a THQ representative recently told IGN. "It's a great intellectual property and you can tell your readers to expect to see more of de Blob in the future."
According to IGN and data compiled by the NPD group, de Blob had sold 230,000 copies by the end of 2008 in the US alone -- not exactly a colossal smash hit, but certainly a happy end to a humble beginning.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19