But first, I have something to get off my chest. It's something I have felt needs saying for a long time, and I'm now I'm going to say it, so listen up: Vin Diesel could beat Chuck Norris any day.
I've been saying it for years, seriously. Vin Diesel is so much better than Chuck Norris. Whoever first replaced Chuck Norris with Vin Diesel in all those Barrens Chat jokes, you and I need to have some words, I swear. And now I have even more evidence that Vin Diesel is the true master of badassedness: He actually plays WoW.
But anyway, back on topic. That wasn't the biggest piece of news this week, as weird as it may seen. We just got solid confirmation of a new Battleground, not to mention the new gamer fuel and a bunch of UI and Addon news that everyone's still buzzing about. Since we're all stuck not playing WoW for a bit, why not check all that out now? As always, I have a list of the best and hottest news under the cut.
Hot News and Features
- Battle.net accounts are here, at least in the US.
- New Addon policies make selling Addons Illegal, among other things, and some Addon developers are sort of ticked off.
- It looks like Authenticators may be going even more mobile soon, as evidence surfaces of an Authenticator iPhone App.
- The UI's getting quite a few upgrades in 3.1, and the official site has new information.
- Achievements are talking WoW by storm, but some are feeling obligated to do them. Are Achievements really mandatory?
- Yes, Mountain Dew is coming out with WoW themed flavors and packaging. Yes, certain members of our team are planning to convert their spare bedroom to a WoW-themed Mountain Dew shrine and storage center.
- Yes, you will be getting a free respec in 3.1, regardless of class.
- Retribution Paladins should get a nice Sheathe of Light bug fix in 3.1. Unfortunately, they won't be getting Mortal Crusader Strike. We also have a video of the new Aura Mastery talent in action.
- Spirit? In my Mage stats? It's more likely than you think. But maybe not likable.
- Sure, Sartharion tanking is out, but one Warlock decided to move on to Patchwerk.
- Rogues may not want to hold their breath if they're expecting a transformation in 3.1.
- Some things are a little wonky in Shaman-land. Yes. I said wonky.
- Shadow Priests got a Shadowfiend nerf on one of the latest PTR patches, complete with an explanation by Ghostcrawler. We also got some clarity on Priest T8 bonuses.
- We have an interview with a healer who solo-healed Naxxramas 10-man.
- Ready Check helps you gain Immortality, and Spiritual Guidance recounts one Priest's journey to Undying.
- Season 6 Arena PvP sets are getting a subtle graphics upgrade, leading to a scheme of evolution.
- Arena Gladiators will be getting the first crack at Frostwyrm Mounts.
- Blizzard's giving Phaelia a proper sendoff in 3.1.
- Finally, there is video footage of the famous Orc statue.
- Fans of Arenas and Team Fortress 2 might like this map.
- First it was Australia, then China, and now WoW may be in trouble in Germany.