Taking into account the ESA's "essential facts
," this Father's Day, gamers don't just have to get a gift for dad, in many cases they'll be expecting gifts. Yes, the demographics keep going up, with the latest figures showing that the average gamer is 35 years old. That's well within the territory for many to expect their moppets to get them a gift card for their favorite console instead of a tie. So, happy Father's Day to all the dads and expectant fathers out there! What's everyone playing this weekend?
- Alexander Sliwinski (@XanderSliwinski): It's a toss-up between finally getting into Fallout 3: Broken Steel or grabbing Metal Gear Solid from PSN. Oops, I also have Prototype from GameFly. I'm so torn about that game after playing inFamous.
- Andrew Yoon: I got some more games in this week, but to be honest, I just want to play
"sleeping: the game."
- Ben Gilbert (@BigBossBgilbert): In a weekend spent shuffling various family members around Philly, I'll be sneaking any time I can in with the remaining hours of Fallout 3 and the beginning stages of Mass Effect. Chris is also forcing me to play Sam & Max Hit the Road on ScummVM, so there's that. Any of you folks out there wanna explain how I make it work on my iPhone (legally)? That'd be golden!
- Christopher Grant (@ChrisGrant): I've finally picked up Resident Evil 5, so Engadget EIC JoshTops and I are playing co-op, leaving a trail of (un)dead in our wake. So far, so good. Besides that, I've got a real hankering to pick up Red Faction: Guerilla after Bill Harris demanded that I do. Suggestions?
- David Hinkle (@DaveHinkle): ...
- Dustin Burg (@SuperDunner): Playing both Prototype and Halo 3 until my nose bleeds with gaming joy.
- Griffin McElroy (@griffinmcelroy): Chipping away at the giant stone obelisk known as Final Fantasy VII. I've almost reached the part where I quit playing a decade ago!
- James Ransom-Wiley: Tap-gaming on my iPhone Slow while in transit this weekend.
- Jason Dobson (@eToyChest): While embroiled in a legal fencing match with a local mortgage firm, like Ben I'll be revisiting my roots, waxing musical with my son in a little game called Loom.
- Jem Alexander (@Yembles): ...
- JC Fletcher (@jcfletcher): I feel like playing some classic music games this weekend. I'll probably play through Parappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy a couple of times, and then get out my turntable for some vintage Beatmania. I've had the game since about 1998, but the method I use to play imports on my PlayStation doesn't allow me to swap discs, so I've never played any of the songs on the append disc that came with it!
- Justin McElroy (@JustinMcElroy): ...
- Kevin Kelly (@gadgetguy): I'm playing "Let's go camping!" and also lots of Starcraft to prepare for a Starcraft 2 megabarrage on Monday.
- Ludwig Kietzmann (@LudwigK): ....
- Majed Athab: I hate games. I mean, I have games... yeah, that's what I meant.
- Randy Nelson (@DangerPenguin): I'm going to play the most dangerous game. Yes: Mario Kart Wii, using the steering wheel, while balancing on a tightrope over the Grand Canyon -- without a net. What do you mean you thought I was going to hunt humans? That's crazy!
- Richard Mitchell (@SenseiRAM): Behold, for I am screwed. I'm currently playing Prototype, Sam & Max Save the World (XBLA), Plants vs Zombies and I just started another new character in Oblivion. And I just started reading The Shining. I'm doomed, but in a good way.
- Xav de Matos (@Xav): Nothing. Sick... and super annoyed.
- Justin Glow (@justinglow): (Joystiq will be nursing from him all weekend.)