Players have become accustomed to load screens, but now they must also wait for an advertisement to play before beginning a new race. As demonstrated by a user-captured video, the standard load time for WipEout HD is about eight seconds long. If an advertisement plays, the load time increases more than twofold: to nineteen seconds.
Most in-game advertisements appear as unobtrusive and non-interactive billboards. However, slowing down a game's performance to present ads in a program gamers have already paid for is far too intrusive. Jonathan Epstein, CEO of Double Fusion, stated that "Double Fusion is responding to advertiser demand and offering an engaging ad format while pushing in-game ad innovation to a new level." It's unfortunate that we have to wait while that new level loads.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25