Further down the line, Sidhe is looking into porting Shatter onto other platforms. "Shatter is not exclusive to PSN," Wynands stated. "But Sony is offering the combination of good royalties, strong technology, and a well defined process for getting content to market."
Already, the team has "working builds" of Shatter on PC and XBLA, thanks to the cross-platform functionality of Sony's free PhyreEngine. Wynands says the team is "reviewing the situation to see whether it makes sense to continue investing in those versions," but also admits that a cross-platform release is "likely." That's a good thing too. We'd love to see Shatter end up in as many hands as possible.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 365
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Xbox One