Logitech – Aug. 17, 2009 – Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) today announced the Logitech® G27 Racing Wheel. Designed to deliver the definitive sim racing experience for the PC and PLAYSTATION®3, the G27 features a powerful, dual-motor force feedback mechanism that smoothly and accurately delivers high-fidelity force effects to the hand-stitched leather wheel, so you can feel traction loss, weight shift, and the surface of the road. The helical gears deliver exceptionally quiet steering action, virtually eliminating noise and unwanted vibration. A six-speed gated shifter lets you choose exactly the right gear for the turn, while new RPM/shift indicator LEDs let you know just when to up- or down-shift. And the clutch pedal makes heel-and-toe downshifting possible, keeping your gear changes quick and your RPMs high all the way around the track. The Logitech G27 Racing Wheel is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in September for a suggested retail price of $299.99 (U.S.). For more information about the G27 visit http://blog.logitech.com/ or www.logitech.com.
Replacing and improving upon the venerable G25 Racing Wheel, the Logitech G27 Racing Wheel is designed to deliver the definitive sim racing experience. A diagonal-cut, helical gear system creates a smooth and accurate force feedback experience, while more programmable buttons on the wheel and two stainless steel shifter paddles put the functions you need within your reach. With the G27, whether you're sliding sideways around a gravelly curve, or screaming through the streets of Monaco, the world's greatest circuits feel closer than ever.
• Powerful, dual-motor force feedback mechanism with helical gearing smoothly and accurately simulates traction loss, weight shift, and road feel, with quiet steering action.
• Six-speed shifter with push-down reverse gear allows you to quickly choose exactly the right gear.
• RPM/shift indicator LEDs integrate with racing game software to indicate when to should shift gears.
• Realistic 11-inch wheel with leather-wrapped rim provides a more comfortable, true-to-life racing experience for hours on end.
• Steel gas, brake, and clutch pedals deliver precise throttle, braking, and shifting control for heightened realism.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc
- Drive capacity 40 GB
- Controller type Wired
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs RCA / composite
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Dimensions 3.07 x 11.85 x 182 in
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Windows 10