While Lindstrom points out many of the game's successes in terms of design and play mechanics, he admits that several unforeseen factors took a significant bite out of time that was initially set aside for polishing. Getting a shared technology base in place proved unexpectedly difficult, and "acts of god" seemed to target the team, tragically taking the life of the lead level designer during the first half of production.
Eidos may have expressed disappointment in Underworld's sales, but the now Square Enix-owned publisher is rumored to be at work on a new direction for the franchise, overseen by original Tomb Raider designer Toby Gard.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store
- Drive capacity 4 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4)
- Weight 10.9 lb
- Released 2010-08-03
Sony PlayStation 3 (late 2012)
Microsoft Xbox One