Shortly after Elan discussed the details of a workaround for Plex, a new release has been let loose on the web. Plex 0.8.3 was announced earlier this week with improved Snow Leopard compatibility as well as several other fixes and new features. For users of Apple's latest OS, the biggest new feature is probably the integration of the Candelair driver which returns Plex to the days of Apple Remote compatibility.
Other notable improvements and new features include:
- Fixed an issue with MKV playback over the network
- A problem with the media server crashing has been fixed
- Video playlists work again
- A new feature where downmixing 5.1 surround audio to 2.0 stereo audio has multiple dynamic range compression options. In other words, surround audio will not be as "quiet" when played through headphones.
- New handling of quitting/suspending commands that includes a new scheduling feature.
Apple Mac OS X Snow Leopard