Update: The 2010 Edition is here!
We wish it didn't have to be like this. But it is. Gorged, bloated and possessed by the lure of unbeatable savings, you will scratch and claw your way through masses of equally frenzied shoppers. There, in the dim light of dawn, you will forsake all that was sacred of the Thanksgiving, and take what's yours -- for an awfully good price. So then, let us be your guide.
We've scoured the Black Friday circulars of nationwide retailers and singled out the video game deals in the guides below. Just click on a retailer to view:
Head past the break for additional tips!
1. Plan accordingly: Some deals are limited (Doorbusters!); others run the entire weekend or longer (while supplies last)
2. Looking for a hardware bundle? Here are our picks:
- PS3 Slim (120GB) [$299.99] (details)
- Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle [$299.99] (details)
- DSi Bundle (White Brain Age / Metallic Blue Mario) [$169.99] (details)
4. Staying home? Many retailers are extending their deals to their online stores. And don't forget about Amazon's game deals!