In the market for AV gear that "Works with iPhone?" Looks like Pioneer's trusty old VSX-1019AH (with its built-in iPod dock) just got a formidable ally in the form of the VSX-1020-K. This bad boy not only packs in the features you expect from an AV receiver (including connections for HD video, HD audio, wireless and analog components, 1080p video conversion and upscaling, support for 3D video and more) but the company throws in a free custom iPhone / iPod touch app for exploring your inner audiophile -- and getting your room to sound just so in the process. Up for pre-order now at Amazon for $549. Screenshots and further details after the break.
- "Works with iPhone" certification (with free custom Pioneer iPhone app, downloaded separately) and front USB connectivity provide iPod, touch, and iPhone users ultimate plug-and-play integration of their Apple products with their home theater
- Simple connectivity of high-performance HD video, HD audio, portable, internet, wireless, and analog components makes this Pioneer receiver the ultimate A/V control center
- The latest version of HDMI inputs and outputs provide more HD connectivity options with "future-proof" 3-D capability
- 1080p video conversion and upscaling ensures the highest quality video from any source--even "legacy" analog and lower-resolution digital video sources
- High-Power Discrete Transistor (HPDT) multi-channel amplifiers and proprietary Pioneer room calibration technology combine to ensure best-in-class home theater and music reproduction in any home