Boivin hopes that the addition of a competitive angle to the Assassin's Creed universe will open up the series to a new audience, beyond fans of the single player experience. "Hardcore multiplayers might say 'I'm going to try this multiplayer. Hey, this universe is kind of cool! I might look into the single-player,'" he mused.
But will we see multiplayer in Assassin's Creed 3 (or whatever the next title might be)? While not a confirmation, Boivin admitted that "there's a lot of room for expansion in that universe," and envisions "a multiplayer component being there for a long time." Presumably, that would mean about two years from now.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One