We here at Massively are already insanely jealous of your attendance at Gamescom, but we're willing to put that all aside to pay you for your awesomeness.
To qualify, you must:
What we will be looking for:
- Already have your travel and tickets reserved.
- Have a firm grasp of the English language, including grammar and usage.
- Agree to have your article or gallery to us by a strict deadline (this will vary by content).
- Understand that this is a temporary contract for the duration of the event, and does not carry over to full-time employment at Massively.
Massively will not being paying for travel, tickets, food, drink or anything other than the listed price per piece:
- A hands-on first impression of Guild Wars 2. (1,000 - 1,500 word article)
- A gallery of images taken all around the event over multiple days. We're looking for professional pictures here, not ones taken from your phone. (30 - 50 images in a gallery)
- A general-impressions article touching on multiple MMO hands-on experiences around various booths. (1,000 - 1,500 word article)
- The possibility of others, depending on what's revealed or presented at Gamescom.
- $40 for each 1,000 - 1,500 word article
- $40 for a 30 - 50 image gallery
Now that that's clear, we want to hear from you! If you fit the description and have interest in writing an article or two for us during this event, send the following information to email@example.com
- Your full name in the subject line.
- Your complete mailing address. (If outside of the US, include country as well.)
- Direct contact information, including email address and phone number.
- A 1000-word essay on why you think you're the right person for the job. Let us know which of the assignments you'd be most interested in (any or all). Make sure to be specific, talk about your gaming credentials and give us your best writing. This will be what we see as an example of how you'd write your assigned Gamescom articles. If you are applying for the photography assignment, show us samples of your work. No attachments, please.
All submissions must be in to firstname.lastname@example.org
by Monday, August 2nd at 8 a.m. EDT. We will notify our choices by Tuesday, August 3rd and give further details from there. Our apologies in advance, but due to the volume of applications, we will not be able to respond to each one personally.
We're very excited to bring this opportunity to MMO fans who share our passion for these games and these events. Best of luck to all who apply!