During Nintendo of Japan's analysts meeting yesterday, it was suggested that the now official ¥25,000 ($300) price point for the handheld might be pushing consumer limits, as reported by Bloomberg (via Andriasang). (It should be noted that prices have not been confirmed for other regions; though at least one analyst expects the 3DS to retail for $250 in the U.S.) In response, Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata said the price was set by a number of factors that went unspecificed, save for one: reaction to the device at E3.
Rest assured, we're already practicing our poker faces for the next time Nintendo unveils the future before our very eyes.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 104
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27
Nintendo DS Lite