Since many readers might want to see how the Apple TV works without watching the whole hour-long TUAW TV Live episode, I've taken the liberty of posting two YouTube videos that show how the device works. I also have some opinions on the device, which I'm glad to share -- I think version 2.0 of the Apple TV is a huge improvement over the first device in size, power efficiency, speed, price, and clarity. Apple still needs to increase the number of video sources (networks in particular) that can be streamed from the device, and AirPlay won't go live for another month or so, but I already consider device the best $99 I've spent on tech equipment in 2010.
Check out the video (split into two pieces to fit onto YouTube) on the next page.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 112
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services iTunes, Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services iTunes
- Video codec support h.264 / AVC, Motion JPEG, MPEG-4, Quicktime
- Audio codec support AAC, MP3, WAV
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2012-03-16