Tricks and Treats of Azeroth (Alliance) or Tricks and Treats of Azeroth (Horde)
This is the one truly time-intensive achievement needed for the meta, and you'll spend all of it hot-footing your way around the Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor and Outland visiting candy buckets. Basically, you just have to visit all of your faction's and neutral inns and grab a handful of candy on these three continents. It's not difficult, but you should budget a few hours for all the running/flying around you'll do.
Out With It
Tricky Treats are a drop directly after a Headless Horseman kill, although "drop" is something of a misnomer; they'll just start appearing in your bags by the bucketload as the Horseman dies. You should have more than enough of them to make yourself thoroughly nauseous after a single kill (or at most two). Just keep eating the Treats, and before long you'll have what the Australians call a technicolor yawn.
Rotten Hallow (Alliance) or Rotten Hallow (Horde)
This is one of the few holiday achievements that is probably going to change significantly next year, as the Horde will assume control of Southshore in Cataclysm. It also bears the distinction of being one of the few holiday achievements that's different between the two major factions, so we'll cover them separately below.
Alliance Both quests you'll need are given by Sergeant Hartman, who's located in the middle of Southshore. He'll give you both Crashing the Wickerman Festival and The Power of Pine, the former sending you to the Forsaken's wicker man west along the road outside Undercity and the latter keeping you in Southshore.
- Crashing the Wickerman Festival If you're a lower-level character, this can be troublesome. Unfortunately, this part of the world is notable for being a pain in the ass for Alliance to reach -- the closest flight path is Chillwind Camp in the Western Plaguelands -- and if you're a low-level character you're probably better off running up from Silverpine Forest or the Alterac Mountains and then swimming or skirting Lordamere Lake. Afterwards, all that the quest requires you to do is get fairly close to the wicker man. The elite abomination guards don't move very quickly, so you can usually just mount up, run past and keep going, but you may very well die in the process. Level 80s should be fine, however.
- The Power of Pine This one's significantly easier than it used to be now that Blizzard's provided an NPC to help nudge things along. If Horde players haven't been kind enough to drop a stink bomb for you, or other players have gotten all of them, a Forsaken Prankster who's around for the duration of the holiday will oblige you by tossing them around. Right-click the Stink Bomb Cleaner in close proximity to a bomb and you're all set.
- Rotten Eggs requires you to enter the Southshore inn, although you don't have to stay there long. See the big stack of kegs in the central room immediately on entering? Right-click the topmost and that should finish the quest.
- Stinking Up Southshore requires you to toss three Forsaken Stink Bomb Clusters within the town limits. If you're playing a higher-level character, you can generally do this without attracting any unwanted NPC attention. If you're playing a character in more danger of the level 35 guards, you may find it easier to approach the town from the docks, or die on the inn's second floor, resurrect, and then throw the stink bombs there.
Weighted Jack-o'-Lanterns are obtainable from three different sources:
- frequently dropped by the Headless Horseman
- contained in the large flaming pumpkin left on the ground when the Headless Horseman is defeated in level 10 towns (see The Savior of Hallow's End, above)
- rewarded by the Let the Fires Come/Stop the Fires daily
There are two ways to obtain these items:
- get them as a random drop from the Headless Horseman
- get them as a random drop from the treat bags given by innkeepers
Working on achievements? The Overachiever is here to help! We cover everything from Glory of the Hero and Insane in the Membrane to Master of Alterac Valley and Lil' Game Hunter, and you can count on us to guide you through Azeroth's holidays and special events.