World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by WoW players, including fan art, cooking, comics, cosplay, music, fan fiction and more. Sample the whole spectrum on our Arts and Crafts in WoW page.
Do you know the muffin man? I'm talking about Muffin Man Moser down in Shattrath. Since Wrath of the Lich King, business has been woefully slow for poor Moser, who sells the usual bread and pie alongside his specialty, the Magnificent Muffin. Hardly anybody travels to Shattrath these days, and it's not looking like Cataclysm's going to really change that since those handy portals are possibly disappearing, which means you'd really have to go out of your way for Moser's Magnificent Muffins. Well, why travel to Shattrath when you can whip these puppies up at home in no time at all?
I must warn you, however -- these muffins are so magnificent that you may swear off those plain old Conjured Muffins for good. We'll see you in the kitchen, after the break.
Moser's Magnificent Muffin
Requires Level 55
Item Level 65
Use: Restores 4,320 health over 30 sec. Must remain seated while eating.
You can either make these at home, or you can purchase them from Muffin Man Moser in Shattrath City in stacks of five for 56 silver.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup buttermilk (If you don't have buttermilk, you can substitute ½ cup of regular milk with a teaspoon of lemon or lime juice added to it)
- 1½ cups blueberries
- Equip fire resist gear and set the oven for 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Raid layout should be evenly spread across a 12-muffin pan. Have a healer drop a paper-liner well in the pan and remind your raiders to only click the well once; otherwise, all your muffins will be gone the instant they're done!
- Send the tank and DPS into the mixing bowl to start the encounter. The first three classes should be the butter, sugar and salt -- have the rogues slice and dice them until they are fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour and baking soda alternately with the buttermilk just until incorporated into batter.
- Extra preparation tip: Grab another ¼ cup of flour if you wish and mix it into the blueberries before folding them into the batter, if you don't want your batter to be blueberry purple. Otherwise, just fold the blueberries into your batter sans flour. Gently!
- Pour the raid into the muffin cups and zone into the preheated raid instance. DPS for about 30 minutes or until your rogues can poke a dagger in the center of the muffins and still have it come out clean!
If you feel like trying these muffins on hard mode, gather the following mats in a separate bowl:
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Send in your DPS to mix together the brown sugar and flour, then chop in the butter with either a pastry cutter or a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Watch the butter -- you don't want it to melt! Sprinkle this on top of the prepared batter before putting it in the oven for a sweet topping.
- Watch the adds -- you can also use an extra large muffin pan for a yield of 6 huge muffins rather than 12 small. Beware, the boss may spawn some truly gigantic muffin tops -- spraying the top of the pan with cooking spray and placing a cookie sheet under your muffin pan is advised, or boss aggro may be all over your oven!
Set the loot chest on a wire rack to cool and make sure it's cooled completely before removing the muffins from the pan. Divvy up amongst your raiders -- group loot is recommended. Pick up some Black Coffee from Kevin Browning, or just pour a cup for yourself at home for a magnificent start to the day!
World of WarCrafts spotlights art and creativity by WoW players, including arts and crafts, fan art, WoW-themed recipes, comics, cosplay, music and fan fiction. Show us how you express yourself by emailing email@example.com with your not-for-profit, WoW-inspired creations.