This Saturday, the <It came from the Blog> family of guilds will be hosting our annual Hallow's End event, which will be in two parts. The first part will be for all levels, and we'll do the daily fire quests. The second part will be for those with all of the flight paths in Azeroth so that we can trick or treat all of Kalimdor. We may do more trick or treating if we have time. Of course, we'll have the pre-event mixer as usual, so I guess that makes three parts. Here are the particulars:
- When: Saturday, Oct. 30 at 12:30 p.m. EDT (9:30 a.m. PDT, 10:30 a.m. realm time) for the pre-event mixer and 1 p.m. for the first part of the event
- Where: Razor Hill on Zangarmarsh (US-PvE-H)
- Who: A Horde character of any level. If you wish to do the trick or treating, please bring a character that has all of the flight paths in Kalimdor, such as a death knight.
- What: Dailies and trick or treating
- How: Ask Robinella or any member of <Blogling> for an invite to our event guild. All Blogling members can invite. If you are already in one of our guilds, there will be instructions in the message of the day.
Event rules and tips
There are a few things you should know in order to make your event experience more enjoyable:
- We will have a global chat channel for the event. Info for this channel will be in the guild message of the day.
- There will be no raid group. We expect far more than 40 people to show up. You may form groups and raid groups as you like, but please do so outside of event chat.
- No shouting except for me! I use all caps to be heard. Shouting is a gkickable offense. You will also be removed from the event channel.
- Death knights take about two hours to get from spawn to Thrall's blessing. It may take you less, but please allow plenty of time before the event to make a DK (if that's how you wish to join us).
- You may want to turn down your graphics. Many people in one place = icky FPS for some.
- Summons are for sissies. There will be no official summons during the event. You are expected to get to the event on your own power.
- Please make a separate chat tab for event chat. This will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and join in on the discussions.
- Instructions will be typed in event chat; more detailed instructions will be given in the stream. I highly recommend you stream the event, even if you are only listening to the audio.
- You don't have to gquit after the event if you don't want to. If you like hanging out with us and would like to move over to one of our non-event guilds, just remain in the guild and keep logging on. There will be instructions for how to get into the appropriate guild for you.
Please join us on Zangarmarsh (US-PvE-H) in <It came from the Blog>. Guild ranks of Blog Lurker or above can invite, so /whisper Robiness or any online member. You are all welcome as long as you play by our simple rules -- basically, don't be a funsucker! Visit the guild FAQ for more details.