Channel 4 tells the Guardian that it is "not saying no" to a similar deal with Microsoft for the Xbox 360, but that the other console company isn't seeking out a deal either. And the Wii is a no-go, apparently, because the platform can't offer advertising options. Both services should, however, launch on the PS3 for free to UK users sometime this week. If you're jealous of the UK's extra video content, US viewers, just head on over to Hulu and imagine what life would be like if every video you hit play on just told you it was "not available in your region." Yeah. Let them have their fun.
Update: A previous version of this post stated that the BBC owned ITV and Channel 4, but they are actually competing public television services in Britain. Sorry for the confusion.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25