Boxee confirmed on its blog that its next update will add support for the Apple iPad. The streaming content provider will release the Boxee for iPad app that will let you stream content from your Boxee Box to your Apple iPad over a wireless connection. This feature would be ideal for some late night Boxee watching from your bed or some entertainment while you log miles on your treadmill.
Besides iPad support, the browser will be faster and offer new on-screen controls. New languages such as French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Spanish, and Swedish and several bug fixes will also be included in this update. In keeping with its three-month update schedule, the new Boxee Box firmware will arrive in May.
- Key specs
- Type Audio / video player
- Video services Netflix, YouTube, Other
- Audio services Last.fm, Pandora, Other
- Video codec support AVI, DivX, h.264 / AVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Quicktime, WMV, XviD
- Audio codec support AAC, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA
- Video outputs HDMI (1 outputs)
- Audio outputs via HDMI, RCA stereo, TOSLINK (optical)
- Released 2010-11-10
Apple iOS 4
Apple iPad Air 2