"All we can say is that development is going well and we're on the last parts of the game," Horii said. "We can't really share much else at this point, but by the end of this year we should be able to announce something regarding it."
Horii explained that the move to Wii was motivated by his feeling that "some users will want to play Dragon Quest on the big screen," noting that the choice of platform, including the decision to put a particular game on a handheld system, is "really a case-by-case basis." He also said that the team hears "that players want a new Dragon Quest that follows the same system of Dragon Quest VIII, so that's something else we're taking into consideration while in development of a Dragon Quest for Wii."
- Key specs
- Reviews • 328
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 512 MB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, RCA / composite, S-Video
- Weight 2.65 lb
- Released 2006-11-19