The Collector's Edition, which costs a whopping $130, includes a Ranger of the North Quiver Case, art book, a behind-the-scenes DVD on the game's music, three songs from the soundtrack ... and the game. Those who pick up the CE for Xbox 360 receive a Ranger of the North Avatar outfit for Xbox Live, while PS3 purchasers get a War in the North Theme Pack.
You'll also have to contend with pesky retail-specific pre-order bonuses for the standard edition, which we've listed after the break.
- Amazon.com: Part two of the War in the North Digital Comic written by Brian Wood, illustrated by Simon Coleby and produced by DC Entertainment. There's also an in-game Orc Champion sword.
- Best Buy: Elf Theme Pack - Elven sword, armor and helmet. Access to the Lothlórien Challenge map.
- GameStop: Human Theme Pack - Human sword, armor and battle attire of the Human Ranger. Access to the Osgiliath Challenge map.
- Target: Three "exclusive" tracks from the War in the North soundtrack.
- Toys 'R' Us: Receive a limited edition, signed War in the North poster by Jim Lee, and access to parts one and two of the War in the North Digital Comic at launch.
- Walmart: A Dwarven quest. The Dwarf Theme Pack- dwarf sword, armor and helmet.
The Collector's Edition includes:
Ranger of the North Quiver Case
War in the North art book featuring concept art of key characters in the game, various enemies and beautiful environments in Middle-earth
Inside Look: The Music of War in the North-content includes: interviews and footage of legendary composer Inon Zur at Abbey Road Studios and the E3 2011 Concert event, along with three tracks from the game soundtrack
Ranger of the North Avatar for Xbox Live (Xbox 360 sku) - includes the Ranger armor set, helmet, quiver and bow
War in the North Theme Pack (PS3 sku) - includes War in the North wallpaper, fonts, icons and much more!
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North video game
If you choose the standard edition, battle against Sauron's evil forces and help turn the tide of the War of the Ring with these special pre-order incentives from the following retailers:
Exclusive to Amazon.com, pre-order the game and get early access to part two of the War in the North Digital Comic written by Brian Wood, illustrated by Simon Coleby and produced by DC Entertainment. The comic book reveals the back story leading up to The Lord of the Rings: War in the North. Players will also receive the Orc Champion sword for in-game use.
Embark on an Elven adventure with the Elf Theme Pack, equipped with a mystical Elven sword, armor and helmet, and get access to the Lothlórien Challenge map.
Visit the Citadel of the Stars and the Tower of Stone with the Human Theme Pack equipped with an exclusive human sword, armor and battle attire of the Human Ranger, and get access to the Osgiliath Challenge map.
Immerse yourself in the sounds of Middle-earth with three exclusive tracks from the War in the North soundtrack.
Toys 'R' Us
Receive a limited edition, signed War in the North poster by Jim Lee, and access to download parts one and two of the War in the North Digital Comic at launch.
A Dwarven quest lies ahead for everyone who chooses to pre-order at Wal-Mart; the Dwarf Theme Pack includes an exclusive dwarf sword, armor and helmet.
To download images of the Collector's Edition, visit:
For more information register at www.WarInTheNorth.com, and don't forget to "like" us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/lotrwitn and follow us on Twitter @WarInTheNorth.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One