"It is an interesting approach we've been investigating as well," Carl Jones, director of global business development for CryEngine, said of Epic's announcement. "We're developing a unifying technology to create high quality social and gaming experiences on all platforms including browser, smartphones, tablets, etc. We hope to be able to tell you more about it soon when we present our truly cross-platform solution."
With Crytek Seoul hard at work on the free-to-play FPS Warface, it's not surprising to learn that Crytek is looking to broaden the potential audience for its games as much as possible. What's next, Crysis on your console? Oh ...
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One