While we can all agree killing orcs is a good thing, after a while it can get a bit monotonous. No one knows this better than Robot Entertainment, creators of orc-killing sim, Orcs Must Die, who has just announced a new DLC pack for the PC version, entitled "Lost Adventures."
On November 8, $2.99 will net you five new killing grounds to populate with orc corpses, two new enemy types and the Mana Well, an emplacement you can put anywhere that will give you a "burst of magical energy at just the right moment." Great, now the guy who cleans up the orc corpses has to clean up bursts of excess magical energy too? Give the guy a break already!
Robot Entertainment announces two new enemies and five new levels for PC players
PLANO, Texas - November 3, 2011 – Robot Entertainment has announced Lost Adventures, the second DLC pack for their critically acclaimed action strategy game Orcs Must Die!™ Return to the dead world beyond the rifts and conquer a new series of five challenging fortresses. In Lost Adventures you'll travel from the depths of the Pit to the narrow passages high over the Great Gorge. The Lost Adventures are five of the most deadly rift assaults the War Mage has ever faced and will be available on Steam for a special introductory price of $2.99 on Tuesday, November 8th, 2011.
· Five New Fortresses – Repel the orc onslaught in four completely new fortresses plus a reverse version of The Tower where your enemies have the high ground! Each fortress can be played on Apprentice, War Mage, or Nightmare difficulty.
· Two New Enemies – Fear the icy breath of the Frost Bat, and beware the draining magical attack of the Cyclops Mage!
· New Leaderboards – Challenge your friends for the highest score on leaderboards for each of the five new levels.
· New skull rewards – Earn up to fifty additional skulls to further upgrade your arsenal of traps!
· A New Bonus Defense! - Place the Mana Well in strategic locations around a fortress for a burst of magical energy at just the right moment.
Orcs Must Die! is an action-strategy game that challenges players to defend fortresses under siege. With a wide variety of traps and weapons to choose from, Orcs Must Die! dares players to find the best ways to hack, launch, flatten, gibletize, and incinerate an endless army of filthy orcs and their vile allies. Orcs Must Die! features a vibrant look, addictive gameplay, and a blatant disregard for the welfare of orcs. Orcs Must Die! is rated T by the ESRB, and will be available exclusively as a digital download. For more information about Orcs Must Die!, please visit http://www.OrcsMustDie.com.