What began as a bit role (a random pedestrian) turned into a full-on downloadable pack, adding Cheapy to the game as a "homie." Like in Saints Row 2, homies can be called to help out during missions or whenever you may need them. Cheapy says he recorded "approximately 150 lines" for the character, all done from his Tokyo, Japan apartment with direction over Skype from Volition devs.
He's not sure when the pack will be available (though he's been told it's coming out sooner than later), and it'll be free for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC players.
[Image of CheapyD's custom character in Saints Row 2, via MTV Multiplayer]
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One