The nominations are in, and the poll is ready to go! The TUAW Best of 2011 awards are all about you -- the readers -- and what you think is the cream of the crop of Apple or third-party products and software. To vote, select one entry from the top nominations made by readers. We'll be announcing the winner in just a few days. Vote early and often!
TUAW is asking for your votes for the best iPad photo of 2011. We didn't get too many nominations in this category: first, many more readers use their iPhones for photography than they do their iPads, and second, TUAW readers might be getting a bit tired of Best of 2011 posts. Worry not! We're getting close to the end of the TUAW Best of 2011 series with just a few more categories to go.
However, we didn't really get enough nominees for iPad video apps to make it a valid category for voting, so photography apps are all you get to vote for. The nominees are:
- Master Your DSLR Camera (US$9.99), an iPad-based tutorial to move you beyond using your DSLR as an expensive point-and-shoot.
- Snapseed ($4.99), an excellent iPad-based photo post-processing app. The app also works on the iPhone, but the UI on the iPad app benefits from the extra space.
- flickr hd ($4.99, on sale for $0.99) is a wonderful way to browse your flickr photos on the iPad.
- Halftone ($0.99), makes a halftoned comic or postcard out of any of your photos. The app now lets you send physical postcards via Sincerely.com, and just keeps getting better.
You have a couple of days to vote, and the winners will be announced on January 2, 2012. Let the voting begin!
- Key specs
- Reviews • 12
- Form factor Tablet
- Operating system iOS (8)
- Screen size 9.7 inches
- Storage type Internal storage (16 GB, Flash)
- Maximum battery life Up to 10 hours
- Dimensions 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.24 in
- Weight 0.96 lb
- Announced 2014-10-16