As interesting as all this sounds, it still feels out of step with today's Nintendo, which hasn't been able to match the online marketplaces found on Xbox Live, PlayStation Network and other digital distribution networks. And there's a bigger question: Will the Wii U tie apps to the system instead of a widespread Nintendo account?
A singular account through which purchased apps can be accessed, both through Wii U and Nintendo handhelds, would be an expected step toward parity, more so than TV apps.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 54
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 8 GB
- Controller type Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic, Camera / optical
- Video outputs Component, HDMI (v1.4), RCA / composite, S-Video
- Backward compatible 1 generations
- Released 2012-11-18