The uDraw is seemingly out of picture at this point, as the publisher "has no future commitments or plans to manufacture uDraw hardware." The Wii version of the tablet proved to be a success for THQ in 2010, leading the company to produce versions for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Sales of uDraw on Sony and Microsoft's platforms were underwhelming, however, leading the company to lower financial forecasts at the end of 2011.
THQ now plans to focus on "premium core and fighting franchises." The report doesn't specify whether or not THQ will continue to produce software for uDraw, though it seems unlikely given the transition away from children's products. Unless someone is working on a Saints Row art game, of course.
- Key specs
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
THQ uDraw GameTablet
Nintendo Wii console
Microsoft Xbox One