On May 3, G4 will debut Ghost Recon Alpha, a 25-minute short film and live-action prelude to the events of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. The sample video above splices some live-action footage from Alpha in with some in-game shots of a multiplayer map created as a matching homage.
Ghost Recon Alpha debuts on G4 on Thursday, May 3 at 6:30pm ET. During the broadcast, viewers can hunt for a hidden code that unlocks an exclusive gun in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. We've got some early stills from the prologue in the gallery below.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Alpha is the 25-minute prequel film to the video game Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier and follows the Ghosts as they are dropped deep behind enemy lines in order to eliminate one of the world's most sought-after war criminals.
Ghost Recon Alpha is deeply connected with the video game, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier.
• Characters: The main four characters in the movie are the same four playable characters in the video game.
• Storyline: The movie takes place immediately before a key turning point in the video game's storyline, a vicious attack against a major European city.
• Location: the location where the movie takes place will be one of the multiplayer maps available in the adversarial mode of the video game.
• Exclusive unlock: a secret code is also hidden in the movie, enabling access via Ghost Recon Network to an exclusive weapon unlock playable in Ghost Recon Future Soldier.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Alpha boasts a line-up of top Hollywood talent. The film was directed by Academy Award winners Hervé de Crécy and François Alaux, who won an Oscar in 2010 for Logorama, and produced by Rhea Scott for Little Minx, a Ridley Scott & Associates company. Tim Sexton, 2010 Academy Award nominee for Children of Men, and Gregory Pruss wrote the gripping script. The film was shot by District 9 cinematographer Trent Opaloch; edited by Pietro Scalia, two time Academy Award winner for Black Hawk Down and JFK; with sound effects and sound effects editing by Per Hallberg, two time Academy Award winner for The Bourne Ultimatum and Braveheart as well as Michael Mann's Heat; production design by Jan Roelfs (Gattaca, Alexander; and costume design by Sammy Sheldon (V for Vendetta, Kick-Ass, X-Men: First Class, Black Hawk Down). Military Weapons Specialist Harry Humphries, consultant on such notable action films such as Transformers, Thor, Iron Man and Armageddon, ensured that the futuristic weaponry in the film was entirely realistic.
Ghost Recon Alpha will premiere in the US on G4 Televison on Thursday, May 3rd at 6:30 PM.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One