Internet radio purveyors from Spotify to Rdio keep upping the ante with more playlist features and design overhauls, and the competition for your ears' attention is only getting fiercer. One of the newest players is Thefuture.fm (formerly known as Dubset), which launched last month with a focus on DJ-curated mixtapes. Today the service outed its iPhone app, which includes a "smart search" feature for finding mixes by song or artist and lets users sync their web accounts with saved playlists for listening on the go. Looking for a new online-listening destination? Head past the break for a look at the press.
Thefuture.fm Brings Mixes from over 5,000 DJs to the iPhone with Launch of Mobile Application
Patented MixSCAN technology automates the process of compensating rights holders allowing consumers to legally stream mixes from their iPhones
New York, NY – May 17, 2012 – Thefuture.fm, the Internet radio platform that gives listeners mixed music curated by the world's top DJs, today launches their iOS mobile application, which brings full access of its unparalleled web experience to the iPhone. Thefuture.fm is the first service in the US market that offers a listening experience with real mixtapes in all genres. The platform's proprietary technology MixSCAN enables a legal and responsible way for listeners to consume mixtapes, while providing a platform that allows DJs, advertisers and brands to monetize the mixtape with automated rights flow and royalty distribution to copyright holders. Originally built as the platform Dubset, the company re-launched as Thefuture.fm on April 25, 2012 with a completely overhauled platform, enhanced functionality, social sharing tools, an embeddable player, proprietary search and recommendation algorithm, and more music from the world's most talented DJs.
Thefuture.fm's mobile application is the newest feature of service, developed to make browsing, searching, discovering, and listening to exclusive content from the world's best DJs available on-the-go - whether they are well-versed in music and DJs, or prefer getting pointers from the experts.
Unique Features of Thefuture.fm Mobile Application:
· ACCESS to 5000+ of the world's top DJs mixes, curated, at listener's fingertips
· DISCOVER with the SMART SEARCH engine. Discover mixes and radio stations curated by the worlds best DJs by typing any song title or artist name and SMART SEARCH will recommend mixes that feature those queries.
· WEB ACCOUNT SYNC means listener's mobile apps are fully compatible and synced with their web account, allowing listeners to access their saved playlists and history on their mobile
· BROWSE music by genre by selecting any of the 40+ genres or easily find the most loved mixes right now
· SAVE, FAVORITE and FOLLOW favorite DJs with a custom radio channel called "My Radio"
· CREATE playlists and keep track of mixes listened to
· Listeners can FIND & BUY TRACKS within the mixes through iTunes
· SEAMLESS LISTENING EXPERIENCE. Thefuture.fm is long-form in its true sense; every mix is at least 45 minutes, \ meaning less time spent picking songs or creating playlists. Once a mix is over, another one will play, automatically selected by our smart search engine to match the previous one
Thefuture.fm's mobile application delivers to consumers an app that gives the ultimate freedom, and content that is 100 percent curated by the most prominent DJs in the music industry. Listeners can relive memorable DJ performances from music festivals, clubs or events – or experience those they've missed, anytime, anywhere. Fans can now easily find their favorite DJs music, save it, buy it, share it, and take it with them wherever they go with a simple click, and DJs have new venue to promote themselves and the brands they represent.
The genres represented span music mixes by electronic dance music heavyweights such as Swedish House Mafia, Tiesto, Skrillex to Indie rock curated by artists like Cobra Starship, Pete Wentz, RAC, Dragonette to notables like Open-Format and hip hop celebrity DJs such as Oprah and Barack Obama's DJ Cassidy.
To listen to music from the world's top DJs and learn more about Thefuture.fm, visit www.Thefuture.fm, and to download the new mobile application, visit http://bit.ly/JRAHHZ on ITunes.