Last November I had the pleasure of reviewing an iPad case featuring a whimsical design created by Taiwanese-born graphic artist Keng-Fu Chu, AKA "Fu". Now Fu has teamed up again with Echo Creative to bring Super Robot to the front of a cool envelope-like MacBook Air sleeve.
The Super Robot MacBook Air Sleeve (US$53.99 for 11" or 13" sizes) is a lightweight polyurethane sleeve that looks a lot like an interoffice envelope, but with a colorful rendition of one of Fu's latest creations -- Super Robot -- zooming high above the Earth. Even the packaging is fun; see the gallery below for details.
The sleeve features a soft leather lining and a combination closure that includes a pair of strong magnets and an elastic band that imitates the look of those button-and-string closures you used to see on reusable envelopes. There's also a soft "luggage tag" that attaches to the buttons and can be used to clean smudges off of your MacBook Air screen.
There's just enough padding to keep your MacBook Air protected, but not so much as to make this sleeve fat and unwieldy. If you're like me and throw your MBA into a backpack full of other tech gear, you'll appreciate the way that the Super Robot Sleeve protects your laptop from scratches and bumps without taking up much more room than the naked laptop.
The Robot 99 iPad cases are sold out and appear to now be a collector's item, so if you want one of these MacBook Air sleeves you'd better act quickly. Alternatively, you can enter our giveaway of an 11" MacBook Air Sleeve from Fu-design today!
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, fill out the form below completely and click or tap the Submit button.
- The entry must be made before June 7, 2012 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and will receive a Fu-design Super Robot 11" MacBook Air Sleeve valued at US$53.99)
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.