A new version of Battlefield 3, the Battlefield 3 Premium Edition, will arrive this September, executive producer Patrick Bach announced during EA's Gamescom press conference. As the title implies, the Premium Edition includes a membership to the Battlefield Premium service which, in turn, grants access to new expansions, including Back to Karkand, Close Quarters, and the upcoming Armored Kill, End Game and Aftermath.
The Premium Edition also features the "Multiplayer Head Start Kit," which includes "15 different weapons, gadgets and vehicle upgrades." The Battlefield 3 Premium Edition will launch on PC, Xbox and PS3 this September for $70 in North America, €60 in Europe and £50 in the UK.
Packed with the Award-Winning Battlefield 3, All Battlefield 3 Premium Content Including Five Digital Expansions and More for £49.99
COLOGNE, Germany – August 14, 2012 – The battle continues as DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) studio, today announced the ultimate Battlefield 3™ game pack: Battlefield 3 Premium Edition. This all-encompassing offer combines the original Battlefield 3 game, all Battlefield 3 Premium content including five themed digital expansion packs, and a Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Head-Start Kit that is custom-designed to help jump start players who are new to multiplayer by automatically unlocking 15 different weapons, gadgets and vehicle upgrades. Battlefield 3 Premium Edition delivers more than 25 maps, over 70 weapons and vehicles and dozens of unlocks and upgrades, making it the perfect entry point into one of the top shooter games of this generation. Priced at £49.99, the value that the Battlefield 3 Premium Edition provides is unbeatable when compared to purchasing all this great content individually at a cost of well over £70.
"Since launch, over 15 million people worldwide have enjoyed the thrill of Battlefield, and with the release of Battlefield 3 Premium Edition the community is set to surge once again. Packing a ton of gameplay at an incredible price, there has never been a better time to jump in and see what all the fun is about. We look forward to seeing some new faces on the battlefield," said Patrick Bach, Executive Producer, Battlefield 3.
The Battlefield 3 Premium Edition includes:
· Battlefield 3: Among the fastest selling titles in EA's history, Battlefield 3 has sold more than 15M units since release. Lauded by game critics worldwide for its compelling single player campaign, intense co-op missions and its addictive and world-class multiplayer, Battlefield 3 has won more than 130 awards globally.
· Battlefield 3 Premiummembership: Battlefield 3 Premium is an innovative offering that includes early access to five digital expansion packs including Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand, Battlefield 3: Close Quarters, Battlefield 3: Armored Kill, Battlefield 3: End Game and the newly announced Battlefield 3: Aftermath. These themed digital expansion packs introduce a massive amount of content including 20 new maps and weapons, four new game modes and more. Players will also receive new soldier and weapon camos, deeper personalization options, and advanced features making for the ultimate Battlefield 3 experience.
· Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Head-Start Kit: This kit will automatically unlock 15 different weapons, gadgets and vehicle upgrades so new players can immediately jump in.
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition will be available in the UK on September 13 for the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC. PlayStation 3 players will also receive an additional week of early access to all remaining digital expansion packs. For the latest news on Battlefield please visit http://www.facebook.com/battlefield, follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/battlefield or sign up for the official Battlefield newsletter at www.battlefield.com. Press assets for Battlefield 3 are available at www.eagames.co.uk
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, tablets and social networks. EA has more than 220 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal 2012, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $4.1 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at www.eagames.co.uk/press.
The Sims and Need for Speed are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. Mass Effect is a trademark of EA International (Studio and Publishing) Ltd. Battlefield and Battlefield 3 are trademarks of EA Digital Illusions CE AB. John Madden, NFL and FIFA are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. PlayStation is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Xbox and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and used with permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One