"Maybe they change the laws? It's about time," said Sebastian Reichert, creative producer of Riptide, expressing it's a little awkward being German and most people don't know his game. "I wouldn't bet on it [coming out here]."
The Unterhaltungssoftware Selbskontrolle (USK) must follow government-enforced rules determined by the BPjM (German Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons). Games can't have extreme violence against human-like enemies, along with many other criteria. Dead Island: Riptide has not yet been submitted to the USK.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One