Tiger Style's unique game started life as an iOS game and is now making its way to PC via Steam Greenlight. Randy talks about the the differences between the mobile and PC market, how App Store sales have affected unit numbers for the company, and the changes coming to the new PC version, which includes updated graphics and new voice acting.
Waking Mars is slated to hit the PC in 2012. Update: It'll be on Steam pending Greenlight support. Go vote!
Listen to the Super Joystiq Podcast:
- Subscribe to the Super Joystiq Podcast in iTunes
- Super Joystiq Podcast is also available in the Zune Marketplace
- Add the Super Joystiq Podcast feed to your RSS aggregator
- Download the MP3 directly
Listen to the MP3
- 00:00:00 - 00:01:06 // Introduction
- 00:01:07 - 00:26:01 // Randy Smith interview, Waking Mars
Music courtesy of: Tiger Style (Bandcamp)
- Track One: Scott Barber - "Into The Red"
- Track Two: Jef Drawbaugh - "Machete Trail"
- Track Three: Future Boy - "Mars Intermezzo"
- Podcast Twitter: @JoystiqPodcast - Use the hashtag #QJoystiq
- Website Twitter: @Joystiq
- Facebook: Joystiq Facebook Page
- Voice Mail: 1-877-JOYSTIQ (1-877-569-7847)
Xav de Matos and Jonathan Downin