This may have been inspired by response from Tecmo's operations outside of Japan, according to a Gamasutra interview with DOA5 director Yohei Shimbori. "We were getting feedback from the overseas offices to tone down the sexuality -- to tone down the sexiness of the game, and of the characters," he said. However, feedback from fans after playing the early demo told Team Ninja a different story.
"We actually got a lot of feedback from people who were playing it, saying, 'We want bigger breasts. Make the characters more like that,'" Shimbori revealed. "That was kind of surprising." Given suggestions to tone down the sexuality, and suggestions to increase the hypnotic, lava lamp-like motion taking place inside 90 percent of the game's shirts, which would you choose?
If you were Team Ninja, that is.
- Key specs
- Reviews • 18
- Game format Optical disc, Downloadable
- Online features Multiplayer, Voice chat, Video chat, Store, Browser
- Drive capacity 250 GB
- Controller type Wired, Wireless
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Gyroscopic
- Video outputs HDMI (v1.3), RCA / composite
- Released 2012-09-25
Microsoft Xbox One