Somehow, Nintendo World Report posted the Nintendo Direct presentation before Nintendo did (Update: we have the official embed from Nintendo of Japan above), revealing that tonight's big Nintendo Direct introduces the specific DLC packs coming to New Super Mario Bros. 2.
The three packs include "Go! Go! As Gold Mario Pack," featuring three Gold Mario-themed courses offering up to 30,000 coins; "Challenge the Record A Pack," which posts the top scores on the game's website; and "Survival Panic Pack," an extra hard set of levels. These are all for the Coin Rush mode.
The three packs will be out October 2 in Japan, for 200 yen each.
Update: See screens of each level in each pack here.
- Key specs
- Game format Downloadable, Cartridge
- Screen size 3.53 inches
- Online features Multiplayer, Store, Browser
- Direction control D-pad, Thumb stick (1)
- Motion controls Accelerometer, Camera / optical
- Dimensions 0.8 x 5.3 x 2.9 in
- Weight 8 oz
- Released 2011-03-27